Smile Away the Years Dr. Peter Rumack, DDS on 22 Jun 2015
(An article written by Dr. Peter Rumack, most trusted dentist, Flushing NY)
Looking for a way to instantly soften your looks and appear younger? Try a smile!
Numerous studies have concluded that someone who is smiling or laughing projects a younger illusion.
The psychological boost that comes from that youthful feeling is yet another reason why its essential to maintain your dental health as you age.
Of course, your smile will come easier and more confidently at any age if you know its healthy and attractive. Here are some tips on how you can preserve your dental health.
- Brush and floss daily. Invest in an electric toothbrush if you problems with manual dexterity, perhaps due to arthritis or other medical conditions.
- Continue to visit the dentist at least twice a year to have your teeth, gums, joints and muscles assessed. Because certain medications can result in dry mouth, seniors tend to experience more gum line cavities and periodontal problems that need to be monitored frequently.
- Gum disease tends to worsen as a result of other medical issues. As gums recede, there’s a larger area where food particles can get stuck, which leads to the formation of plaque and ultimately an increase in decay. Consider the number of professional in-office cleanings you schedule per year.
Healthy teeth and gums are an integral part of a youthful smile, as is the whiteness of your teeth. In fact, the most popular cosmetic procedure to instantly younger appearance is teeth whitening.
Please call today to confirm your next health and beauty continuing care appointment with Dr. Rumack, the leading Flushing dentist.
Read more about the doctor
Latest posts by Dr. Peter Rumack, DDS (see all)
- The Advantages of Dental Implants in Flushing - November 10, 2015
- Dentist In Flushing, NY How to Ensure a Winning Smile - September 3, 2015
- Dentistry During Pregnancy by your Dentist in Flushing, NY - August 12, 2015